cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Automatic License Data Collection from Windchill 12.0.2.0 release

sgaikwad31
8-Gravel

Automatic License Data Collection from Windchill 12.0.2.0 release

With the release of Windchill 12.0.2.0, PTC has made some important changes regarding Automatic license data collection. These changes are described in TS articles here. Please review and send us your comments or questions.
PTC customers can analyze license usage data on Windchill Performance Advisor. Performance Advisor provides customer with license consumption insights and trends to enable them to best manage customer license entitlements.

6 REPLIES 6

What would be the implications for a Windchill server that does not have external internet access?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:joe_morton)

Those servers qualify for the Exemption from data collection. 

My primary Windchill system is also not on the internet and has no external connections.

I do have 2 systems that are on the internet, so I don't know if I can only exempt the one or will exempt all 3 as being the same company.

Do you know if we'd have to request the exemption in order for Windchill to work?

If you don’t request an exemption and your Windchill server does not have internet access then, the license usage data will only be collected locally on the machine where Windchill server is hosted and no data will be sent to PTC. The Windchill Server will continue to work without any issues.

Exception cannot be requested per server basis, it is per company or per license file basis. Once you request exemption for your company, you will receive an automated email confirmation with instructions to retrieve your new exempt license file. After successful activation of your new exempt license file the license usage data will not be collected by PTC. Refer TS articles here for more details.

If your Windchill server does not have the internet access because of the Government restrictions then you can request for the Exception. If not then you can set up PA agent to send license usage data to PTC.

Top Tags