cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Automatic cad to part compare

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

Automatic cad to part compare

Good morning,

i would like to know if someone has found a solution for automatic cad to part compare.

thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'd probably have to write the code yourself to do exactly what you need. Which is the recursive comparison and returning the differences.

I've written lots of code to recursively navigate both Part and CAD Document structure but I have not written anything to do exactly what you need.

Doable for sure.  I'd just have to sit down and write it.

David

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cspinelli)

Explain in more detail what it is you are looking for?

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

i would like to know if there is an automatic compare to Part structure in which we can check if all cad documents have been inserted to structure. before release the structure itself.

i know there is Compare Cad Structure to Part Structure but sometimes users are not using it and the result is that not all the parts go into structure.

thanks

@cspinelli 

Are you looking for a way to automatically (in a workflow or whatever) run a cad structure to part structure comparison and if the structures don’t match then do what automatically? Align the Part structure with the cad structure?

If some parts don’t exist create them link them to cad document and add the part to the part structure?

Is that what you have in mind?

David

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:d_graham)

thanks for the answer.

yes, i want to run a cad structure to part structure comparison and if the structures don’t match then send a task rework for the change notice. if some parts don't exist do nothing.

despite several reminders, we have several users that do not use cad structure to part structure comparison before complete the change notice task and then part structure is incomplete.

thank you very much

If the user is the one doing the Complete the Change Notice task, rather than sending to rework you might consider running the comparison when they select “Task Complete”. If there is a problem the user would be alerted immediately an would be prevented from completing the task until the structures matched.

Also, are you comparing the full multi-level structures? If yes, it would probably be helpful to return to the user exactly where the miss match is.

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

i agree with you about running comparison at Task Complete. is there a way for this alert to be sent?

regarding full multilevel, it depends.. sometimes full sometimes part of it.

Yes there is.

In your case you'd add the code to run the comparison code when the use selects Complete Task button.  If the comparison has difference throw an exception that displays the differences.

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

thanks! i'm not fully expert so i have to ask.. where is that code??

You'd probably have to write the code yourself to do exactly what you need. Which is the recursive comparison and returning the differences.

I've written lots of code to recursively navigate both Part and CAD Document structure but I have not written anything to do exactly what you need.

Doable for sure.  I'd just have to sit down and write it.

David

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

ok thanks, i don't want to use your time for this.

can you only share an example?

in the meantime i will accept as solution

I'm sorry but I don't have an example of comparing structure.  I'd have to write it.

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

no no, you told me you have not those kind of codes, i mean other one even not related just to see

Top Tags