cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Automatically Relating Drawings to Parts

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

Automatically Relating Drawings to Parts

To all,

I was looking for the preference in WindChill that would associate all models in a family table to the drawing the generic is on, without having to add all of the instances to the drawing. There are times when we have a family table that consists of more than 20 parts or assemblies. having to add them one by one takes time, and makes the I found the following topic in the support.ptc.com but cannot find the preference option in our WindChill system. they say the preference option is:

Windchill preference: Operation > Auto Associate > Auto Relate Drawings To Parts

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FMCPR_AutoRelatingDrawingsTolParts.html%23

We are running WindChill 11.1, M020-CPS14. if this option is somewhere else, or not in the version of WindChill we are using, can someone let me know.

Thanks.

Dennis J Rehmer

ABB

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @DennisRehmer 

A preference  Auto Relate Drawings To Parts exists in your system version.

Site-> PreferenceManager ->   Operation > Auto Associate > Auto Relate Drawings To Parts

The preference  Auto Relate Drawings To Parts is related to a WTPart object HelesicPetr_1-1672837753866.png not a CAD Model. HelesicPetr_2-1672837780484.png

With this preference you can set what is shown in the WTPart Related Object Tab in a  CAD/Dynamic Documents table. 

The preference controls if there are shown drawings from the owner association or from others CAD model links. 

HelesicPetr_0-1672837711282.png

PS: I think what you are rally looking for does not exist in Windchill 

PetrH

PetrH,

Thank you for your response. So from this I am taking it that this needs to be setup at our top level WindChill system, and not by me with some Admin rights.

So for me, these are options I have available to change, but sounds like it is more at the next up level administration to do this, correct?

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDQuanBn-822628970713789170..jpg

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDUuanBn-2125549031424042921..jpg

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDIucG5n-7204107781522502473..png

Dennis James Rehmer
Lead Component Design Engineer

Industrial Connections & Solutions LLC
45 Griffin Road South
Bloomfield, CT 06002-0021
Phone: 860.331.8673
E-mail: dennis.rehmer@us.abb.com
abb.com

Hi @DennisRehmer 

Yes. 

You can set the preference only on the Org level or Site level.

Preferences on Product/Library level are limited. 

PetrH

Top Tags