cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

BOM Generation from WindChill using CREO Model Parameters (Multi-level Report)

mparmenteri
5-Regular Member

BOM Generation from WindChill using CREO Model Parameters (Multi-level Report)

Hello,

I am attempting to generate a bill of material directly from WindChill using parameters added to the CREO models in my assembly. Some parameter examples are Title, Part_number, Description, Supplier, etc. For some reason when I attempt to generate a multilevel report from WindChill, I can add columns for the title and part number parameters, but not for the description and supplier parameters. The latter parameters are not listed as column options. I'm not sure why this is the case; as far as I can tell, each parameter is defined identically.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mparmenteri
5-Regular Member
(To:mparmenteri)

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Are the parameters designated and IBAs created in Windchill to accept the Creo parameters. You must do this in order to get the data transferred from Creo into Windchill.

mparmenteri
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

The parameters are definitely designated, but I'm not familiar with IBA's.

Are you referring to instance based attributes? Based on what I can find this makes sense, as the parameters I can't see in WindChill are "new" (they were added at the latest iteration).

How would I go about adding these attributes within WindChill? I'm not sure whether I can't find the answer in the documentation or if I just have an issue with my WindChill build not showing the option...

mparmenteri
5-Regular Member

Top Tags