cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BOM Published to SAP via ESI is not matching to Windchill

MB_10725944
4-Participant

BOM Published to SAP via ESI is not matching to Windchill

I am using Windchill Enterprise Systems Integration Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.1.8

BOM Published to SAP is not matching to BOM structure Published from Windchill.
We have found several cases that SAP BOM found deleted line number items.
Production is impacted.

4 REPLIES 4

Some suggestions/questions to analyze the possible reasons of the error.

Does the problem you reported happen during BOM creation or during editing?

Or does it happen in both cases?

In case of an error while sending a BOM to SAP, does BAPI perform a rollback?

In our installation we found that, in some cases, even though sending from Windchill caused an ESI Failure, in reality in SAP the BOM was still being edited when it should not have been.

I cannot give you more specific details, because the interface between the two systems (Windchill and SAP) is totally in the hands of our consultants, but I hope the above will help you understand where the problem lies.

Marco

Thanks for quick response Marco.

The Problem is discovered after CN is released, BOM changes are Published to SAP.

We find that BOM in SAP takes the change of BOM, then has removed one of the entire line number item in SAP, The line item which was not expected. We discovered , that after checking the SAP BOM, This happened in 4 to 5 CN releases in some FG codes in their respective BOM structures. Looking to find that cause of this and solution.

Also Is there a way to cross check the Windchill BOM to SAP BOM (Other then Export to Excel and Manual check)?

Thank you.

Again with the help of our consultants (I'm not a developer), we implemented a customization that returns, via a kind of traffic light, the status of alignment or non-alignment between BOMs in the two systems.

By clicking on the traffic light you can see the result of the comparison (see images below)

This is done by calling the SAP-side BOM edit BAPI and comparing the result with the Windchill BOM

Marco_Tosin_3-1689236446614.png

Marco_Tosin_1-1689235840144.png

In the first image you can see two more customizations.

The first one, with the big green smiley face, compares the registry information in the two systems and returns any differences.

The second is for quickly changing the view displayed (Design, MFG, PlantX, ...).

I apologize for the Italian of the image label, but there is no Windchill translation for it.

Marco

Thank you Marco for the information.

I will now first look for the cause of the Issue and then would look for compare solution as well.

Announcements

Top Tags