cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

BOM Redlining Report

Srinivas_256
6-Contributor

BOM Redlining Report

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.2.1

We plan to implement BOM Redlining in Windchill. As I understand the current functionality, when an ECN is in an open state with BOM Redlining and we run a summary report, it does not display the added or deleted objects. However, once the ECN is released, they are included in the report. Is it possible to configure the report to show BOM redlining details while the ECN is still in an open state?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Srinivas_256
6-Contributor
(To:cgautier)

Hi Charles,

I checked with PTC Support,they mentioned it is not possible because of the way redlining works.

Thank you for your support.

-Srinivas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Can you send screen shots?

Hello Srinivas_256,

Do you still need help ?

KR,

Charles.

Srinivas_256
6-Contributor
(To:cgautier)

Hi Charles,

I checked with PTC Support,they mentioned it is not possible because of the way redlining works.

Thank you for your support.

-Srinivas

Hi Srini,

Did anyone from PTC tell you about Windchill Extension called "Change Analysis" that gives the Add/Delete/Redline function.

Check this out, Thank me later!

https://windchill-extensions.ptc.com/get-view?wex-id=com.wincomplm.wex-change-analysis.release&wc-version=WIND112

Cheers

Hari, Chennai

Thank you, Hari. I will look into this.

The idea of the redline is to display my intent for changes before revising the part. In the change analysis above, once the parts are revised, we can then review the change analysis. Can this change analysis be exported to PDF or...?

report?

Hi,

OOTB BOM Redlining is generally intended to be used during the stages before the "Implementation" stage of an ECN.

The Redlining is not there once the ECN is committed for Implementation (The usual PTC annoyance point !  🙂  )

here is where the Windchill Extension is handy.

Also, I don't see any reason for that Change Analysis not to offer a pdf export, so you are good to go.

Cheers

Hari

Thank you for the details Hari.I will check the extension.

-Srinivas

Top Tags