Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM cost report

BOM cost report

Hello,

Has anyone tried to create a BOM cost report in PDMLink? What I would like is something like this...

1. Create a Pro/E parameter called prt_cost

2. Create a Pro/E parameter called asm_cost

If asm_cost = 0 then cost = sum of the prt_cost in the assembly. If the asm_cost = some number then use that instead of the cost of the individual parts summed up. This is useful if for example a weldment is what the cost is based on not the individual parts. Or in my case it is often the composite assembly bonded together that drives the cost rather then each piece of composite material.

I don't really need this info on a drawing just need it for planning/purchasing/management info so all I wanted to do was create a report in PDMLink that will pop this info up.

If anyone has done something like this I would appreciate hearing from you as I am new to PDMLink admin stuff.

Thanks, Jon

3 REPLIES 3

Re: BOM cost report

The formula cannot be simple as the cost of an assembly is the sum of the cost of the individual components.

What about the labour cost to assemble the component.

Also the cost of an assembly is not necessary the product cost.

Costing is a bit more complex than that. That why we have specialized system such as ERP.

What is good to do is to get the cost from ERP, instead of trying to develop algorithms to do it in PDMLink.

Saying this, there is the cost estimate during the design phase that needs to be considered

Yes Chris,

we 've got some quite complex Cognos report for design phases  (ie the WTpart does not exists yet in ERP) where we use mBOM, related MPMProcessPlan , Times set in MPMOperations and type of Workcenters to estimate a price ....