cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BOM export triggered by Workflow

ptc-218373
1-Newbie

BOM export triggered by Workflow

We're trying to tie our ERP system (Syspro) into WC (PDMLink9.1), and would like to have the creation of BOMs to be exported (as csv or xml) to be triggered by a promotion to Released state, but we can't find a workflow robot that can do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave Tate
Peerless Trailers, Penticton, BC

5 REPLIES 5

This is what we call ERP Connector. You can setup all the triggers, define the data and have it all dumped out automatically. It's a PTC module

[cid:image001.gif@01CD29CB.F77D0D00]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

There are so many ways to do this but probably the standard way is to use PTC's ESI or ERP Connector modules. In the past I have done this by writing java programs called by workflow robots. Have to be careful with that approach depending on how you write it. My first attempt many years ago caused the Propagation queue to get filled up while it waited on the WF queue task to complete which was being stalled as the java program I wrote updated a database half way across the globe. 🙂

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-218373)

If you can have the data flow automatically (hands off) between the two
system, that would be the best. I would go with the ERP connector two.
In the past, I've written method robot to run custom JDBC transactions
and translations. Very complicated but does work well. Since we do not
have an automated method with our new ERP system, we've opted for a more
manual approach. I've added an action to the BOM (WTPart) that exports a
specially formatted XLS file that can be read into the ERP system.

What I like about ERP connector is that its supported. So most of what you do will be upgradeable.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD29CE.304CBE30]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Dave,

You can do this through ERP Connector -

Announcements

Top Tags