cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

BOM extract

aabenhaim
1-Newbie

BOM extract

Hi,

Is it possible to make an extract of a Bill of Material in Windchill Essentials  to feed an ERP System. If yes, how?

Thanks for your help!

AA

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:aabenhaim)

Should be able to extract the BOM in an Excel format and use that ti import into your ERP system.

Thank you very much Ben! Is there a specif command or function? ( I am newcomer on the topic)

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We were all newcomers at one time! We are all still learning, too.

I have been using PDMLink for 13 years, 4 (soon to be 5) versions and I am still learning new things that Windchill can do.

I am using the full PDMLink, so not totally sure what limitations or in Essentials.

Does Essentials use WTparts along with the CAD models?

Not that it really matters, as the assembly structure is still being maintained in the CAD assembly file and the WTpart of the assembly.

Find your assembly by search and open the information page.

Select the Structure tab.

The left panel has the full structure of your assembly and in the upper tool bar, below the tabs, is a Reports tool. You can export from there.

If that structure does not provide the information you need for the ERP, use the right side structure which can be customized to give columns for different bits of information. The export list to file icon is just above the listing on the right end of icons.

I have modified my display to include our description-1 and -2 fields and I print from this list to excel very easily.

Thank you for this precious information!

I think that PDMLink is not part of Windchill Essentials.

We will see how we can make evolve our configuration

Kind regards

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

PDMLink is a step above Essentials in capabilities of managing your product definitions.

However, Essentials should be able to use this functionality to give you what you want. This is from a PTC webpage on Essentials: "Managing Product Structures that contains all the individual parts for a given product, known as the Engineering Bill of Material or eBOM software."

Top Tags