cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

BOM's in windchill

Luar
1-Newbie

BOM's in windchill

Hi,

I just want to ask where/how to generate Bill Of Materials in windchill PDM Essentials?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkLobo
11-Garnet
(To:Luar)

Windchill PDM Essentials is an easy to install and deploy solution for product data management (focused on CAD and Document). Engineering BOM Management is NOT supported with Windchill PDM Essentials.

If there is a need to use BOMs (i.e. WTParts and Part Structures), Windchill PDMLink is the better solution. The instructions earlier in this thread will work with Windchill PDMLink.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
skhonde
1-Newbie

Hi Luar Joy Dela Cruz,

Go to End Item(assembly) details page in Windchill 10.1

Go to structure tab, click on report.

There options are available as single level BOM, Multilevel BOM etc.. select one of them let's say Single level BOM.

Then you will get one more window where you have to select the format in which you have to export the BOM for example, - PDF, XLSX, TEXT or XML etc....

is this the expected answer??

BOM+Report.jpg

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:skhonde)

Hi,

I only have this option on my windchill PDME

Untitled.png

MarkLobo
11-Garnet

Windchill PDM Essentials is an easy to install and deploy solution for product data management (focused on CAD and Document). Engineering BOM Management is NOT supported with Windchill PDM Essentials.

If there is a need to use BOMs (i.e. WTParts and Part Structures), Windchill PDMLink is the better solution. The instructions earlier in this thread will work with Windchill PDMLink.

abaali
1-Newbie

Hi Everyone,

By any chance, anyone knows how I can export an MBOM? I see export/report options via the Product Structure Explorer in the Structure tab, but the MBOM opens in a java applet with no export option.

Thanks in advance!

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:abaali)

Ammar Baali wrote:

Hi Everyone,

By any chance, anyone knows how I can export an MBOM? I see export/report options via the Product Structure Explorer in the Structure tab, but the MBOM opens in a java applet with no export option.

Thanks in advance!

Use the "Reports Action Set" in the part or the cad document details page:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/PMStructureReports.html?queryId=15c89806bdb

This is doesn't work for MBOMs, only does for other BOMs. Any other idea?

Top Tags