cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Baseline creation in a Workflow

klozier
8-Gravel

Baseline creation in a Workflow

My company is making the transition from using Pro/INTRLAINK 3.4 to PDMLink 9.1. We are a drawing centric enterprise. We used baselines as a part of the drawing issue process in Intralink to capture the configuration of the plotted drawing. In Intralink we used UI scripting to run our issue process, this is how we created the baselines.

I am working on how we are going to issue drawings under PDMLink. I am looking to use a Workflow, I am not convinced that using the OOTB promote process is the way to go. As a part of the workflow I want to setup a step where a managed baseline is created by the process based on the drawing being the primary business object. My skills are in development and so I am asking the community if someone has done this or has a good idea as to how to do this. I am looking to implement some code for a method robot that does this.

Thanks

-Kelly Lozier

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:klozier)

Don't need a baseline - just need the As Stored configuration of the drawing, which is automatic. This allows getting back to the Drawing as it was checked in at any future time.

Procedurally, you need to ensure that the Drawing is not promoted until/unless related Model(s) are also released.

Should seriously consider setting up publishing and "issuing" all drawings only from ProductView/CreoView.

Kelly,

When you use Promotion Request a baseline is created in the background as part of the Promotion Request - it can be used as a configuration specification

Jeff,

Is that background baseline what PDMLink uses to define the ‘As Stored’ state?

Bob

No. The promotion request creates a baseline as part of its process

Sent from jeff's phone

On Oct 15, 2012, at 8:41 AM, "Lohbauer, Robert" <robert.lohbauer@jakebrake.com<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:Robert.Lohbauer@jakebrake.com">>">mailto:Robert.Lohbauer@jakebrake.com>> wrote:

Jeff,

Is that background baseline what PDMLink uses to define the ‘As Stored’ state?

Bob
Top Tags