cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Best Practices and Guidelines - Windchill Change and Configuration Management

habat
4-Participant

Best Practices and Guidelines - Windchill Change and Configuration Management

In the context of considering a very large Enterprise Change and Configuration Management process, we are currently looking at the best practices and guidelines associated to managing change and configurations within Windchill;

We would need to be able to clearly check all capabilities and features for envisioning what can be considered as part of the Windchill landscape, associated to several heterogenous systems which can be federated, aggregated and orchestrated using specific middleware layers based on ThingWorx

In case anyone has anything to share in this area - restricted to Windchill and/or extended to any interfaced system(s) - please provide your own field experience, expertise and associated communication materials; this will help our very large program as well as anyone involved into Windchill Change and Configuration Management Processes for considering several implementation layers most essentially using OOTB layers provided by PTC Windchill (and Thingworx)

6 REPLIES 6
jfu
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:habat)

Hi,  do you have any update for this , I need the solution .

Giangabriele
4-Participant

Just stumbled on the attached docs: hope it helps? PDF: "Best Practices for Options and Variants White Paper"

Use that document with caution. It is 12 years old which means Windchill 8 or maybe 9. Things have changed in Windchill since then.

Yes, system-wise the implementation might be different, while the higher-level concepts for ETO, CTO, ATO, etc... are pretty much the same --- is there any updated version of this white paper or any similar document related to Windchill 11 ?

There is but it's the online version.  I sent an email to the documentation dept asking about that and this is the linke they sent.

I am also waiting for a response about a downloadable file.  My CIO is working with us for a project but he is not in our PDMLink system so he wouldn't have access to this.

The first line below is the line from the email they sent but I don't know if it copied the actual link.

Windchill Help Center 11.0 M030

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FOptionsOVCapabOview.html%23

aacciano1
7-Bedrock

@JeffZemsky 
maybe you would like to chime in?

I know that PTC has plan to release new Windchill functionalities around Enterprise Change Management.

Top Tags