cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for getting a list of Windchill users?

SOLVED

Re: Best practice for getting a list of Windchill users?

You can view the group membership in Site --> Utilities --> Participant Administration.  Simply select the group and then view it's properties.

If you have just 1 group then as Tom said that is the approach, if you have many groups and get a report on that, you have to write a custom utility which would list out all the groups and members of those groups.

Thanks

Binesh

Hey Tom,

Got that, but how to export those names from Windchill into something I can present to someone?

Thanks,

Buddy

When I click on the Report Management link, the Report Management window opens but is blank.

I have admin rights. We are on Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M020-CPS05

Have to understand a few key things about how users and groups are managed.

1. User accounts are created in Windchill Directory Server; this may or may not have been set up to tie into your network in a variety of ways.

2. Group membership is held only in Windchill Directory Server and Windchill query builder reports cannot reach into this info and report on it.

3. When a user logs on, a record for that user is created in the database and remains there regardless of what is done in Windchill Directory Server.  User accounts can be reported on using query builder.  The table is wtuser.

So - Easy to get reports about user accounts.  Major hassle to get reports on groups.

Also - Groups may be defined at Site, via Participant admin, or at Org, via either Org/Groups or Org/Participant admin.  From Site, you cannot see Org-level Groups.

An alternative to get Group info is to go to the Windchill desktop, launch Windchill Directory Server, select Manage entries, get a group to show in the listing, then simply click in that window and select all, copy, bring out to Excel.

Thanks. But I found a workaround for getting a list of users. I added the Groups to the participant Admin table. Once in the table, I clicked on the View Info icon for each group and the list of members within that group is listed.

Cliff,

Can you explain how you did this? I think it will be a great help for all admins.

See attached....

Thanks Cliff!