cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Best way to deliver copy of Product on PDMLink offline

shatley
1-Newbie

Best way to deliver copy of Product on PDMLink offline

Hi, I have to deliver an entire offline copy of a producton a certain date. I've looking into using Packages but theProduct Structure viewonly contains alimited amount of data. Additionally none of the related objects are linked to the part objects. What is the best way to accomplish this? I am currently running PDMlink 9.1 M060.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:shatley)

May be able to share the entire product to a Project, then download all the files in the Project somehow. May or may not be that helpful though.

You should be able to do this using "EXPORT" from the Import/Export Manager located in the Product Utilities Page.
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 08/09/12 12:52, Shane Hatley wrote:
>
> Hi, I have to deliver an entire offline copy of a product on a certain date. I've looking into using Packages but the Product Structure view only contains a limited amount of data. Additionally none of the related objects are linked to the part objects. What is the best way to accomplish this?
>

You haven't specified what kind(s) of data is contained in the product or what the intended use is. However if the data is Pro/Engineer files and the "data user" doesn't care about the different versions you could add all the files to a workspace and then export the workspace.

> I am currently running PDMlink 9.1 M060.
>
> Thank you!
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your replies.

We have looked at the export functionalitybut it does not provide a InteractiveProduct Structure interfacewhere you can navigate through and access all the data. It does not look as though it containsall of the linkage betweenparts and related objects. It only exports documents and associatexml files with limited metadata.

As far as data contained, I need all of the CAD files, and all related object files to be included as a number of parts contain "Described By Documents" and such.The intended use may be to then import it into another PDM system, I'm not sure. I only have the requirement to deliver an complete offline copy.

Thank you again, your comments are very helpful.

If I am totally missing the requirement I apologize but I have used the export manager to export everything including Pro/E files. One of its intended uses is to import into another system. You can however specify different things to export. For example from the Add button you can specify that you only want Product Structure in Excel format or only CAD documents or any combination.

[cid:image001.png@01CD7633.F9239200]

Thanks Ryan,

So if you export using that function, how do you view the product structure and linkage toall related objects? (other than Product Structure to Excel)

I don't think you can do it all in one export. You need to look at each ones to see what it does. For example, "Product Structure with CAD Documents" will provide xml's for EPM Members links and WTPart Usage Links. You may need to write an XML parser to read those and build the structure in an Excel file. I have not found what type of export will give the describe by links used to show what CAD describes what Part.

Nitin
1-Newbie

I havenot checked this particular data export using PLM connector but may be you cantry using it. Note - it has a limitation of exporting only Pro/Engineer CAD Data and IDEAS CAD Data.

Top Tags