cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Blank page for Type and Attribute Management

PS_9475867
4-Participant

Blank page for Type and Attribute Management

Window for "Type and Attribute Management" is showing up as a blank page in Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. This happens for all users including site administers. The CM manager is a Site Administrator, Type Administrator, Attribute Administrator, Organization Administrator, and a member of the Library Creator group for that organization. Nonetheless a blank page shows up instead of any type of window, warning, menu, or anything else. Just to establish some background, this part of Windchill and its functionality has not been used before in this company, so there is no known good setup to use as a reference.

The end goal is to produce a rudimentary BOM, drawing list, or something automatically in support of program operations. Apparently GOLD support status means this PTC community is the only support we get for renewing our Creo/Windchill package just a few months ago. Anything that might help identify the problem would be great.

13 REPLIES 13
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PS_9475867)

Just to rule permissions out, make sure the site administrator is not a member of any license groups, including the license exclusion group.

PS_9475867
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

I dont see a way to generally check all of the license profiles at once but all of those that I have checked confirms that no one is assigned as a member to any license group. Also I do not see any license exclusion group.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Are there any error messages logged to the method server logs when attempting to open the type and attribute management page?

I should probably back up and ask, what version of Windchill is this?

PS_9475867
4-Participant

Release: 11.0 M030

Im not familiar with the method server log. I will have to research this before I can answer that.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I haven't been on 11.0 M030 in a long time, but I think the type and attribute management page in that version required a separate Java applet to startup before anything was visible.  With all the recent changes to the browsers and Java, I'm guessing that is being blocked.  At least that's where I would start...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Scratch that.  I did a quick look in the knowledge base and apparently type and attribute management does not use any Java applets.  Your site administrator is the one who would need to look at the method server logs, and possibly the web server logs as well.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Or not... The KB seems to disagree with itself.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs168301

"Type and Attribute Management" java applet GUI/page is not working.

TomU_0-1644429509581.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What CPS of 11.0 M030 are you on? Some CPS prior to CPS06 changed a lot of that stuff from JAVA to HTML. One of the reasons we did the update to CPS06. 

PS_9475867
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I dont see any mention of a CPS code in the "About PTC Windchill PDM Essentials" window.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You didn't mention you were running "Windchill PDM Essentials".  That's very different from full blown "Windchill PDMLink".  I wouldn't be surprised at all if type and attribute management was disabled in "Essentials"...

PS_9475867
4-Participant

If it was disabled then why would I get a blank page? Is it possible that they did not cleanly disable the PDMLink feature ?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't know.  Is your site administrator able to look at the server logs?

PS_9475867
4-Participant

The source of the problem is not know but a workaround was found by VPN'ing to a machine connected directly to the server. IT believes it may be a browser or firewall problem associated with the main network but cannot determine the source. Never got a response on what the Server Log has on it but I suspect that the problem is not related to the Windchill software or to Java, so interpreting no response as an empty log for the time/date I gave them for when I saw the blank window pop up. 

Wont mark this as resolved because the workaround is not a good solution and is specific to our IT setup.

Top Tags