cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Bom Report via SQL query

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member

Bom Report via SQL query

Looking for guidance on SQL query to return BOM of a given assembly file from the Oracle DB.  We are NOT using WTPARTS (I've seen the multilevel SQL query on the forum that uses the WTPART tables).   Single level BOM would be fine - don't need multilevel.

I want an on-demand query from our client (so I want the operators to have to open windchill to export a BOM).

Is this reasonable, or am I not even asking the correct question?

1 REPLY 1

Since WTParts are not being used, a purist would call it "CAD Assy Structure" rather than BOM.  Likely will be close the BOM but not exact.

Reports in general allow getting only one level deep.  The Structure tab on an assy uses a very different approach.

Using only a browser, any users with READ permission to any CAD Assy can access the Structure tab for the assy, then select one of the Reports on the ribbon - single level / multi level.  Can also export to Excel, HTML, PDF, etc. from here.  Appears that there is no need to create a custom report.

Top Tags