cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Breaking out instances from family table check in error

cwong-2
1-Newbie

Breaking out instances from family table check in error

Hello,

Can any one help please.

I have a family table of 20 items, 7 of which are I put into production change the others are in design.

I successfully broke out all the instances from the family table in to stand alone CAD documents but only the generic and 7 production change items can be checked in.

The others won't check in with the error notice:

Action cannot be completed as it cannot build association with Part that you do not have access to. You must gain access to the Part or the Part must be deleted from the database.

does anyone know what this means and how I can resolve it.

Another alternative would be to revert the family table to its original state but the 7 instances now exist and there is no option of deleting the latest revision of the generic family table and in instances all at once.

2 REPLIES 2

Search for the partnumbers, you would certainly find a WTPart associated with that. I think WTPart is in a  life cycle state on which you don't have access to modify.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Hi,

thanks for this, You were right there were .WT parts in production which i have put into production change.

But as i tried to fix this the 13 instances undid check out and reverted back to instances under the old family table 1.8. And 1.9 also exists.

Family Table 1.8 has the originally 20 instances on it, 7 of them 'ghosts' of the now stand alone CAD and 13 of the other instances.

Family table 1.9 exist with nothing under it. 1.9 can not be deleted as it is being used but other assembly drawings now.

can you suggest a solution to this.

Top Tags