cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Bulk download of drawings

gselvaraju
1-Newbie

Bulk download of drawings

Hi,

Is it possible to download drawings in bulk i.e, suppose I have 100 drawing numbers for which i need to download drawings. Is there a way to download all the drawing in a single go, instead of downloading each and every drawings separately.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guru.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Guru

Follow the below steps

For example if you want to download the parts

4117051AD01.PRT
4117051AD01.PRT
4117051AD01_C2.PRT
4117051B0.PRT
4117051B001.PRT

first you need to add * and ; at the suffix ie

4117051AD01.PRT*;4117051AD01.PRT*;4117051AD01_C2.PRT*;4117051B0.PRT*;4117051B001.PRT*;

If you already know the full number * is not required , you can do this in excel by using concatenate option .

>Then go to advance search window then add two filters 1.Name/file name/number (depends) and

2. revision

>In the revision select the latest and clink on search  (Refer figure 1-attached screenshot)

Note :it may take time to search depending on the number of search result

>Then select all the drawing from the check-box and lick on add to work space

once all the drawing in added to your work space ,you can export those drawings to you local System under Tools>Export from work-space> option

advance search.JPG

Try this and let me know how it goes ,if required we can have remote session and then discuss

Best regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:gselvaraju)

Guru,

Can you please clarify further where you are trying to download there drawings? To a workspace? To disk?

If to a workspace, you should be able to perform a search for the drawings you want to download, select them and use the Add to Workspace action to add them all to your workspace in one go.

If trying to download to disk I suggest adding the drawings to your workspace and then using the Tools > Export from Workspace action to export them to disk.

Hi Loori,

I'm trying to download it to my local drive. By your method, I need to search each drawing individually and add it to the workspace to download. I'm asking is there any method to search all the drawings in a single go?

Regards,

Guru.

Hello Guru

in addition to Lori's Solution , you can add all the drawing to the work-space using multiple search option .

Then select all the drawings , go to Tools>Export from work-space>select the target Directory and clink on OK , by this method you can download all the drawing that is existing in Windchill common space/Work-space to your local disk.

Regards

Gagan D

Hi Gagan,

How to use this multiple search option?

I was using another PLM called Agile. In that, we can type all the part number we need to download in a text file and while searching we can link this text file. by doing so, all the part numbers listed in the text file will be downloaded to my local drive.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:gselvaraju)

Guru,

You should be able to use the Advanced Search in Windchill to search for multiple drawings. In the search results you should be able to select mutliple drawings and click "Add to Workspace"

3-29-2016 6-32-03 PM.jpg

Hello Guru

Follow the below steps

For example if you want to download the parts

4117051AD01.PRT
4117051AD01.PRT
4117051AD01_C2.PRT
4117051B0.PRT
4117051B001.PRT

first you need to add * and ; at the suffix ie

4117051AD01.PRT*;4117051AD01.PRT*;4117051AD01_C2.PRT*;4117051B0.PRT*;4117051B001.PRT*;

If you already know the full number * is not required , you can do this in excel by using concatenate option .

>Then go to advance search window then add two filters 1.Name/file name/number (depends) and

2. revision

>In the revision select the latest and clink on search  (Refer figure 1-attached screenshot)

Note :it may take time to search depending on the number of search result

>Then select all the drawing from the check-box and lick on add to work space

once all the drawing in added to your work space ,you can export those drawings to you local System under Tools>Export from work-space> option

advance search.JPG

Try this and let me know how it goes ,if required we can have remote session and then discuss

Best regards

Thank you Gagan,

This is what I was looking for!!! Your suggestion works well for my needs.

Regards,

Guru.

Top Tags