cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Business Rules Framework: Confirm Publish?

sking
11-Garnet

Business Rules Framework: Confirm Publish?

Guys,

Windchill 10.1 MO10 introduced a “Business Rules Framework” which was utilized to satisfy a couple of our customization requests reducing our customizations and maintenance cost.

1. Confirm Check-in
  2. Confirm Roles populated

The attached document became available at the Windchill 10.1 MO10 release, but we had gotten a pre-release via the Windchill Technical Committee (in 2010, I think) so I am sure improvements have been made to the documentation and framework since then. 

We currently have a need for a “Confirm Publish” in 10.2 M030 that we could also embed into a workflow (like we have with the two mentioned above) that would take a look at the associated data in the workflow and confirm all objects successfully published at particular state changes that happen in the workflow. 

Any updates, advise or direction to assist would be greatly appreciated to help meet the need of a "Confirm Publish" capability.

3 REPLIES 3
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:sking)

Take a look at this.  It has a link to 10.1 and 10.2 for Customizing Business Rules.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS156636&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=business%20rules&source=search

sking
11-Garnet
(To:STEVEG)

Thanks Steve.  This is much more recent than what I had.  I am wondering if anyone else has had a need for something like this?

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:sking)

Stephen King Those links point to the Help center.  The document that you have above is all part of the online help in the Customizers Guide.  It can be found here (in all versions since 10.1 M010 and yes have been updating it and added some small enhancements to the rules framework in 10.2 M010 and M020 as well as enhanced how Promotion Request is supported with Rules in 11.0 F000)

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=WCCG_BusLogicCust_ChangeMgmt_BusRules&action=show

Top Tags