cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

CAD Agent Administration - Trying to configure an Agent, and failing...

ptc-1047216
1-Newbie

CAD Agent Administration - Trying to configure an Agent, and failing...

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure an Agent for Creo 2.0 on a Windchill 10.2 monolithic install. I'm failing.

I've completed the set up using proe2pv_config and ended up with a proe_setup folder that contains a number of batch files that proe2pv_config generated.#

I then go into WC10.2 Worker Agent Administration to configure the new worker. This is where I get lost and confused.

ADD WORKER

I tell it the server name

I tell it the DATATYPE (I've selected PROE)

Worker Location

I tell it where the server is. (The Windchill server)

Worker Execution Command

I'm not too clear about this... I've told it the following;

'C:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup\proeworker.bat' (This is where proe2pv_config created the bat file)

I apply the settings, save the file & Return to the Worker Agent Admin screen.

I see the new Agent in the list, Fab! but the Status is "Fails to Start". The flag under Actions is White & the tooltip states; "Executable not Safe".

Additionally the methodserver log has the following entry;

ERROR : wt.wvs.workeragent.ShapeType - Refused to start worker ukbas1wcs2-PROE:1, exe does not match any of the trusted prefixes

Can anyone shed any light on where I might be going wrong?

Many thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-1047216)

Update or add worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes and worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes.<worker_host> properties in the <WT_HOME>/codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties

See https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS140965

Thanks Tom,

I still can't get passed the error! I followed (I think) the example in the link you provided so now my wvs.properties file has the following entry;

worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes=C\:\\ptc\\creo_view_adapters\\proe_setup

this matches the agent.ini file;

[agent]

numworkers=1

port=5600

transferpath=$(wt.temp)\transfer

;

[worker1]

distributed=false

autostart=true

host=MYSERVER

autobusystop=

autoidlestop=

starttime=15

startfromlocal=FALSE

autoerrorstop=false

remotepath=

hosttype=local

localpath=ftp:

exe=C:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup\proeworker.bat

password=

maxinstances=1

shapetype=PROE

prompt=

availabletime=

username=

port=601

;

But it still returns the same error and result.

Quite annoying...

Bob.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

No, you don't list the entire path in the whitelist, only the partial path or drive.

For example, I have the Creo adapters installed on the "E" drive in a folder called "ptc". I have worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes = E:\ptc (use quotes when setting the value)

Tom,

I tried that too. Still no joy.

Bob.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Oh, sorry, reading too fast. Do you have the ability to start the worker from the worker agent administration page, or are they still grayed out?

My admin screen looks like this still. Screenshot attached.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Ah, I remember now. You need to set "wt.auth.trustedHosts" equal to the ip address of your cad worker machine.

Thanks Tom, I'll give that a whirl tomorrow, and thanks to both of you for your input.

maybe late but, the drive letter is case sensitive. In my case that was the issue. In conf lower, in agent.ini upper.

Patrick

Hey Bob, this is a long shot, but is the GS Worker Daemon started on your CAD worker machine?

Buddy

Buddy,

I can honestly say that I have no idea! You've now introduced another factor I know nothing about!

How would I go about find out if it's running, and, if it's not, how do I start it?

Many thanks,

Bob

TomU
23-Emerald IV

When you installed the adapters, did you let it install the worker as a service (it is a checkbox option)?

I've tried both options, neither were succesful.

Bob,

Go to Start>Services. Look down the list until you get to GS Worker Daemon, right-click and select start. Of course there will be a column that shows the status of "Running" or "Stopped" to the right of the name.

Buddy

Gah! Yes, it's started ok, so that looks like a red herring!

Thanks Buddy.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Just as an FYI... GS Worker Daemon is only needed if the worker is running remotely on a machine other than the Windchill server.

From what I can tell it seems like the value in wvs.properties is correct and coincides correctly with what's in the agent.ini. Was the Method Server restarted after making the change to wvs.properties?

vvã¥gman
6-Contributor
(To:LoriSood)

I can only add the importance of restarting the method server. After having the same issue and pulling my hair trying to solve it. This final step solved it for me after having followed the previously mentioned solutions.

Top Tags