cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CAD Data visible in IE even if it is not uploaded or checked in "Status:Workspace Server Copy"

aakolkar
4-Participant

CAD Data visible in IE even if it is not uploaded or checked in "Status:Workspace Server Copy"

In Wildfire have connected to the Windchill server and opened an assembly from hard disk and performed save. I have not performed upload or checkin but this saved data is visible in IE/Mozilla.

On accessing the information page for these parts it shows "Status:Workspace Server Copy"I am aware of the client side and server side workspace in Wildfire-Windchill. This data should not be visible in IE unless it is uploaded or checked in that is when it moves to server side workspace or commonpsace. Please let me know how this data is visible in IE when it is just saved in connected session. Am I missing something

Windchill 8.0 M030 and Wildfire 3

Thanks - Amol

7 REPLIES 7
aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:aakolkar)

There is a difference in the "status" value for a particular part in Wildfire embedded  browser and IE.  Is this is expected?  (image attached)Status_Diff.JPG

Thanks - Amol

Hi Amol,

This is working to spec, newly created data will be a local copy and will be visible as Workspace copy only. In your case your IE browser is also showing workspace copy.

I think you just copied the URL from WGM to IE, is it so?

Thanks,

Shashi

Not using WGM. I am using Wildfire with its embedded browser and IE.

Accessing the same CAD part from workspace in both the embedded browser and IE hence the information displayed should be the same!

Thanks - Amol

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Accessing the same CAD part from workspace in both the embedded browser and IE hence the information displayed should be the same!

Nope.  The embedded browser in Creo is looking at the client side workspace (local cache) and can see all objects, even those that are new (or changed) and haven't been uploaded yet.  The standalone browser (IE in this case) is looking at the server side workspace and can only see objects that have already been uploaded to the server.

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Have not uploaded or checked-in anything so please let me know from where the information is being displayed in standalone browser.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Open a stand-alone browser on a different computer and look at your workspace.  (Creo not running.)  If you can see the files, then they have been uploaded.  It is possible to configure Creo to automatically upload every time something is changed (dm_upload_objects).  Maybe this config option is enabled on your computer. 

Tom is right, unless you upload the files you will not be able to see on any standalone browser.

Top Tags