cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

CAD Document Modified on 1 Computer isn't Modified on another?

akelly
11-Garnet

CAD Document Modified on 1 Computer isn't Modified on another?

Using PDMLink 10.1 and Creo 2.

I've got a situation where I'm using 2 different computers with the same models. I am making a change on one computer, check it in, then want to use it on the other computer.

When I open Creo on the other computer, it doesn't show out-of-date, old version, etc. To be safe, I've been re-adding the thing I changed to my workspace, and un-checking the re-use box to make sure I have downloaded the correct file from commonspace.

Do I need to do any of that, or is Creo smart enough to recognize that the local workspace cache isn't consistent with the server-side workspace and automatically downloads the correct primary content before opening it?

-- Andrew

Andrew Kelly, P.E.
Design Engineer
Honeywell Sensing and Control
2080 Arlingate Lane
Columbus, OH 43228
Office: 614-850-7818
Toll Free: 800-848-6564
Fax: 614-850-1111
andrew.kelly@honeywell.com<">mailto:andrew.kelly@honeywell.com>

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:akelly)

Creo will not tell you it's out of date. The workspace will, but only if you have your view set to show those columns. If you know the object has changed, you can also do a 'File', 'Update' from Creo.

Tom U.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CFACE3.A2DCD990]

[cid:image006.jpg@01CFACE3.A2DCD990]

Andrew,

You should be able to leave the old version in your workspace, run the Update command, and have the software remove the old and give you the new version. There is an update icon as well as being under the File menu, as Tom mentioned.

-marc

[cid:image001.png@01CFAD5D.A686F560]
cying
11-Garnet

Andrew,
When you have CHECKED IN the objects in one machine it also updates the WORKSPACE on the server side (See pic). If you are using the same WORKSPACE name, and when you are using the 2nd machine, it SYNCs with your WORKSPACE (only UPLOADED/CHECKED IN objects) on the server side. Hence it does not show "out-of-date". You can verify by checking the VERSION.ITERATION to see if it matches the COMMONSPACE. If the object is in a different WORKSPACE, you will get the "out-of-date" warning.

I'm no guru and we don't practice using two machines because with Windchill, you don't know what to expect. This is what I think is happening to your situation 🙂

Calvin

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFAD66.BE23CB40]

akelly
11-Garnet

That's what I expected to have to do on the 2nd computer, but it's not working that way. The 2nd computer already shows the new version / no out-of-date flag.

That's what got me worried about the stale content in the client side workspace.

I haven't tried it for this specific case, but normally, when you try to update a CAD Document where the workspace and commonspace versions match, it says you can't update an up-to-date object.

Didn't report the build code before - 10.1 M040

--Andrew

Check if you have config.pro dm_synchronize_in_background=yes this property might be updating object without your notice.

Thanks,
Shashi
akelly
11-Garnet

dm_synchronize_in_background=yes is set on the 2nd computer, but not on the 1st. I did 2-->1 and think the workspace versions matched, but forced an add-to-workspace to make sure I was using the new commonspace content. I did 1-->2 and the workspace versions definitely matched.

Is that the trick that makes the local primary content automagically match between two computers?

--Andrew
Announcements

Top Tags