cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

CAD Structure to Part Structure

swood
6-Contributor

CAD Structure to Part Structure

I have recently been doing a lot of testing and learning in Windchill. Having no real training, and being tasked to solve a number of problems for our business units has led to me making some mistakes and having to fix them. Of course all of this is happening on our production server as well, because we don't have a test server. I've now caused one issue that I cannot figure out how to fix.

I believe that by using Set for Build, I have pushed the WTPart structure to the CAD Structure. This results in all of my models being removed from my assemblies when I open them. I need to reverse this and force the CAD Structure to populate the WTPart structure. How do I do this? I find myself getting confused about which way information is being pushed in the Compare CAD to WTPart and Compare WTPart to CAD windows, and I'm truly just fumbling around trying to learn (which I have learned a ton) since I cannot find good training information.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
swood
6-Contributor
(To:swood)

I believe I found the clarification I needed. In the attached picture you can see that it states clearly that Build multi-level Part Structure propagates from left structure to right structure. That's the clear wording I needed. Everywhere else it had just said, "builds the structure" or "builds the part structure". Since I still don't trust PTCs use of the word "part", that always worries me. I mean, couldn't they come up with a word that isn't CONSTANTLY used for referencing 3D models to describe WTParts?

Build Structure.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
swood
6-Contributor
(To:swood)

I believe I found the clarification I needed. In the attached picture you can see that it states clearly that Build multi-level Part Structure propagates from left structure to right structure. That's the clear wording I needed. Everywhere else it had just said, "builds the structure" or "builds the part structure". Since I still don't trust PTCs use of the word "part", that always worries me. I mean, couldn't they come up with a word that isn't CONSTANTLY used for referencing 3D models to describe WTParts?

Build Structure.png

Top Tags