cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CAD Structure

Ilan_Mor
11-Garnet

CAD Structure

Hi

Do you know how can I create a query builder that shows CAD and its structure (see pictures)

Thank you

Ilan.M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't do a multi-level structure, but you CAN get single-level structure. Here is a report I have for something else, but it shows the linking:

joe_morton_1-1636728260934.png

You'll note that from the assembly, you link to the child through the child's CAD Document Master. You will want to specify which child CAD Documents to return, or else you will get every version of every child document. You can specify latest to get latest iteration, as well as use a subquery to get latest revision. Together, those will give you the latest version of all single-level children.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Structure is not supported in query builder reports

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS20698

You can't do a multi-level structure, but you CAN get single-level structure. Here is a report I have for something else, but it shows the linking:

joe_morton_1-1636728260934.png

You'll note that from the assembly, you link to the child through the child's CAD Document Master. You will want to specify which child CAD Documents to return, or else you will get every version of every child document. You can specify latest to get latest iteration, as well as use a subquery to get latest revision. Together, those will give you the latest version of all single-level children.

I should add that if you don't need any version-specific data from the Child model, you can stop at the CAD Document Master. That will still get you Name and Number

Top Tags