cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CAD worker CAD software update makes worker not auto-start

Dobi
15-Moonstone

CAD worker CAD software update makes worker not auto-start

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: NX CAD worker (on VM). Just updated NX and went through the recipe and adapter files to confirm everything matches (ugworker.bat, ugstartup.bat, etc.) CAD worker fails to start from Worker Agent (monitor comes on). If I turn off the monitor there and manually launch ugworker.bat, everything works fine.

Description:

I updated my NX version on the CAD worker. 

The worker now doesn't start up automatically. The monitor starts but in the worker log there's a 8 INIT error. When I turn off the monitor and manually run the ugworker.bat file everything works fine. 

When I did the upgrade, I updated the ugworker and ugstartup files to reflect the correct NX version. Not sure what broke the auto-start... but I'm sure it's something silly. 

What did I miss? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:Dobi)

Found the issue!

Each worker has it's own Worker Daemon and port (CS49182) but for whatever reason, the NX worker was using the WorkerDaemon Service executable with the 9.0 adapter version instead of just the Worker Daemon. 

Dobi_0-1727272604507.png

Once I edited the service to remove the xxSVC, the worker fired right up. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

launch adapter.pvi located in worker configuration directory (or launch command prompt, call <adapter_install_dir>\bin\pvilauncher.exe adapter.pvi), update NX version to one you installed on machine and click on setup. Revalidate your recipe files and other configurations like -su argument in ugworker.bat and ugstartup.bat availability. 

I hope this shall work for you. 

Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:vdegaonkar)

@vdegaonkar i went through those steps after the software upgrade and confirmed that ugworker.bat and ugstartup.bat are correct. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. 

From the worker agent, the monitor comes on but the worker fails to start. 

From the worker itself, if the monitor is turned off I can start the ugworker.bat and everything works fine. 

I'm thinking there's some sort of pointer or typo somewhere. 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Dobi 

Try to configure the worker as new one. 

Sometimes I copied the original config and I thought it should have been same but it wasn't

PetrH

Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr I was hopeful with this one since that was the fix when i updated the adapter version... but alas, still the same behavior. 

New setup. I added my ugstartup.bat bit to the ugworker.bat along with the few additional environment variables. 

Monitor starts from the worker agent but the worker doesn't. If I turn the monitor off in the worker agent and manually launch the ugworker.bat, everything runs fine. 

vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite

Can you please validate adapter/ugCommand referring correct UGII batch file?

Also try running ugbatch.bat with sample NX part input. This is primary test for validating worker configuration. 

Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:vdegaonkar)

@vdegaonkar ugbatch.bat publishes a sample file as expected with no issues. The adapter also calls the correct the ugii batch file. 

Shashwath
11-Garnet

Hello @Dobi ,

Go to Worker Agent Administrator -->Configure--> Select the Worker--> Edit Worker-->Step 5 Wizard Page--> Enable Auto Start.

Thanks & Regards

Shashwath Shetty

Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:Shashwath)

@Shashwath that's not it. Auto start is on already and the worker agent side of the configuration hasn't changed since I updated the Adapter version 6 months or so back. 

Dobi
15-Moonstone

Plot thickens (a little bit). 

I have 3 NX CAD workers. Two of those are on VMs that also run Creo. 

This particular one that is now not autostarting was working great along with one of the other systems that ONLY has the NX worker. 

The other NX CAD worker on a shared VM with Creo is also not autostarting with the 10.1 adapters. 🤔

Dobi
15-Moonstone

Found the issue!

Each worker has it's own Worker Daemon and port (CS49182) but for whatever reason, the NX worker was using the WorkerDaemon Service executable with the 9.0 adapter version instead of just the Worker Daemon. 

Dobi_0-1727272604507.png

Once I edited the service to remove the xxSVC, the worker fired right up. 

Announcements

Top Tags