cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CADSYNCHRONIZED

rleir
17-Peridot

CADSYNCHRONIZED

Team

I don't see a CADSYNCHRONIZED field in QueryBuilder PartUsage WTPartUsageLink. 

Why? Do I need to install something?

The field should exist according to:

'Table Name: WTPartUsageLink has column called “CADSYNCHRONIZED” with values “yes|no”'
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/report-for-CAD-to-Part-structure-comparison/m-p/913189

and

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS332588

'Attributes; localId, ufid, externalTypeId, traceCode, lineNumber, cadSynchronized, componentId'
https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r12.1.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/customization/WCCG_PLM_AP242_WTPartUsageLink.html

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_morton
17-Peridot
(To:rleir)

You might find this helpful. This is a report template I created that returns WTPart structures that have not been "built". Just keep in mind that if a WTPart structure is updated after the CAD check in, it will get flagged as not "built" (even if it was built during the initial check in). I have a data monitor that runs weekly to find issues and address.

Another thing to keep in mind is that certain errors in the CAD models (such as failed placements) will prevent Windchill from doing the Build, even if the engineer has it set to build on check in.

joe_morton_0-1704745121903.png

joe_morton_1-1704745142500.png

The key criteria is EPMBuild History.Status = 1. 

I have Administrative Domain.Name like "default" to help eliminate returning items in Workspaces.

I also am omitting Obsolete parts 

joe_morton_2-1704745154225.png

The subselect is just to get latest revisions:

joe_morton_3-1704745179597.pngjoe_morton_4-1704745188664.pngjoe_morton_5-1704745200720.png

Hope that's helpful!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GrahamV
8-Gravel

It should appear as 'Build Status' in Query Builder.

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:GrahamV)

Here are the options for  PartUsage.Build Status :

rleir_0-1704730006041.png

but PartUsage does not relate to CADs?

In EPMBuildRule I have no Build Status field. There is a field 'Cad Representation Role' which seems to always be yes. I is that the field for CADSYNCHRONIZED ?

GrahamV
8-Gravel

Build Status is an indication of whether a WTPartUsageLink was built from CAD (or vice versa, you can build CAD structures from WTParts), it's useful for identifying parts that have been manually structured. Sounds like it's not what you're after though, what are you trying to achieve?

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:GrahamV)

Thanks Graham.

I want an informal way to know which engineers are not checking in their CAD with 'build-part-structure'. And to know which 'gear' assemblies probably need to be corrected.

joe_morton
17-Peridot

You might find this helpful. This is a report template I created that returns WTPart structures that have not been "built". Just keep in mind that if a WTPart structure is updated after the CAD check in, it will get flagged as not "built" (even if it was built during the initial check in). I have a data monitor that runs weekly to find issues and address.

Another thing to keep in mind is that certain errors in the CAD models (such as failed placements) will prevent Windchill from doing the Build, even if the engineer has it set to build on check in.

joe_morton_0-1704745121903.png

joe_morton_1-1704745142500.png

The key criteria is EPMBuild History.Status = 1. 

I have Administrative Domain.Name like "default" to help eliminate returning items in Workspaces.

I also am omitting Obsolete parts 

joe_morton_2-1704745154225.png

The subselect is just to get latest revisions:

joe_morton_3-1704745179597.pngjoe_morton_4-1704745188664.pngjoe_morton_5-1704745200720.png

Hope that's helpful!

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:joe_morton)

Very helpful, thanks!

What do you mean by failed placements’ (other than perhaps parts which are not nested in parent assemblies correctly)?

joe_morton
17-Peridot

By failed placements, I mean a mate that has failed. A common case is when parts are mated in the assembly, but then later the part geometry is changed so that the mates are no longer valid. If the assembly is checked in to Windchill with those invalid mate conditions, Windchill won't do the Build. 

Announcements

Top Tags