cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CANNOT COPY/PASTE FOLDER LOCATIONS

mbrockman
6-Contributor

CANNOT COPY/PASTE FOLDER LOCATIONS

Windchill does not allow copy / paste to assign folder locations.  To assign folders, one must navigate from the root product and drill down to the appropriate folder.  I realize that this can be set initially in the workspace preference for new object but does not help with all the other occasions.  I guess it is just another loss of functionality from good ole Intralink

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbrockman
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

I played around with it and found out it was accessible if I started by pressing the OS SCRIPT tab. The default creo window colors makes it very difficult to differentiate a greyed out button and one that is not activated.  Thanks for your interest

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps it would be good if you would describe all these other occasions. Also, outside of COTS libraries and things of this nature, I've found folders are just clutter for product contexts. Perhaps describe in what situation (other than libraries) a user might be navigating around in folders rather than just using search.

This would likely help those of us not as well versed in the miracle that is a 15(?) year old software.

mbrockman
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

I played around with it and found out it was accessible if I started by pressing the OS SCRIPT tab. The default creo window colors makes it very difficult to differentiate a greyed out button and one that is not activated.  Thanks for your interest

Top Tags