cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CNs and Resulting Objects across containers issue

JoePriest
8-Gravel

CNs and Resulting Objects across containers issue

I'd like to know if anyone has addressed the following issue...

Use Case: A CN could contain resulting objects from more than one container. The problem is that the CN resolves the roles based on where the CN is mastered. If we have one group in an approving role in one container and another group in that same approving role in the other container, the case exists where the Resulting Objects not belonging to the container where the CN is mastered is released...by the wrong approving group.

How have you addressed this issue of having multiple Resulting Objects from multiple containers where there the role resolution places you in this situation? I hope that made sense. Thanks.

Joe

2 REPLIES 2

I think you can handle this with shared team. Or by "duplicating" rôles in different containers ...

We now use Sequence in Change Activity Plan. and use a final validation Activity that we can affect "at runtime" to the correct group or user .. depending of resulting objects ... but in most of case it is a manual "Set up partcipant" task to determine correct users or group ....

Shared Teams won't work in this case.

We have the workflow task role resolving to a "Document Control" role. That role is present in all PDMLink containers. There are different groups in those roles depending on the container you are referring to. If someone places an object from a container with the Corporate_Doc_Control group in the "Document Control" role and another object from another container with the MFGSite_Doc_Control group in the "Document Control" role, you are going to have a problem because the CN workflow will release all resulting objects at the end of the workflow as long as one of the Document Control groups approve the task.

Top Tags