cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CRB Review Approval

dfolk1
6-Contributor

CRB Review Approval

Hello, 

In my company's ECR and ECN workflow for the CRB and CIB reviews I have added four people to it. Right now i have it set to where each person has to choose an option before it moves on in the workflow. The only problem is if three out of the four people say approve it moves on in the workflow. Is there someway or somewhere that I can change that function so that everyone has to choose an option and they all have to approve it otherwise it goes back to be clarified amended etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:dfolk1)

I believe there is voting logic that is documented. Sound like you need something somewhat custom. We opted in cases like this to make a two step signoff. First collect votes, then have a second task to make a routing decision.  You also have a case where as soon as first person does not approve, it still waits for all even though it clear, it needs to go back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

When you define your workflow, there is a setting for how many approvals are needed. Sounds like yours is set to any 3 instead of all.

dfolk1
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I checked our workflows and I have them both to where the required is ALL. When I run that it makes is to where all have to give an option but say 3 of the 4 chose approve and the 4th person chose clarify it moves forward in the workflow to create and ECN and also goes back to the Change admin to clarify. I would like it to where if any of those 4 say clarify it only sends it to the change admin to clarify. It only moves forward to creating an ECN once every person says approve.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I believe there is voting logic that is documented. Sound like you need something somewhat custom. We opted in cases like this to make a two step signoff. First collect votes, then have a second task to make a routing decision.  You also have a case where as soon as first person does not approve, it still waits for all even though it clear, it needs to go back.

dfolk1
6-Contributor
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks, I will look it doing this and see if it might work for us as well

Top Tags