cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Calendar Delegation - Overriding Team Membership???

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Calendar Delegation - Overriding Team Membership???

Should calendar delegation allow someone who is not a member of a particular role the ability to do work as if they are part of that role?  Is this normal?

I have a context role for promotion approvers.  If one of these approvers delegates their work to someone else not in that role, the delegated individual is then allowed to complete promotion requests that get forwarded to them, even though they are not a member of the promotion approvers role.  The calendar delegation is effectively bypassing role membership.  This seems wrong to me.  Short of adding some type of custom business rule logic to all workflows, is there some way to prevent this?

2 REPLIES 2
BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

Delegate - entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself.  So yes, that is what calendar delegation is for.  That way when I as an approver am out of the office for an extended period of time, I can delegate my work (approval) to someone who will be my temporary backup.  This way you do not need to have unnecessary users in the workflow and you do not have to go in and change groups or teams for a one or two week period and then change them back.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

I just figured the delegation had to be to someone who was already in the same roles.  I think this creates a situation where the delegated person has the power to complete the tasks but they don't have sufficient permissions to view the objects associated to the tasks...

Top Tags