cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Calendar Delegation

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Calendar Delegation

In our regulated medical environment, we need to strictly document people approving on behalf of others with GOA (Grant of Authority) records. The Re-assignment function in Windchill supports this perfectly with records on the History Routing/Process UI (separate Re-Assignment table below). However, the Calendar Delegate function is not included in this way.

We're looking for some way to document Delegation. One can report on Delegation via Query Builder from the WTCalendar table. The system creates two records, one for the Delegator and one for the Delegatee, and lists by whole days.

The way we think we can approach it is:

- Given a change request / notice and the set of people who have approved it and the timestamp of each approval

- Query whether any of those approvers was in fact a delegatee on the date they approved and flag these somehow, allowing a user to then run a report in which they enter the user and date and get back the Delegation record.

Any other thoughts / suggestions?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mike,

I know this was 4 years ago, but I am looking get the same kind of delegation aurhorization record using WC10. Is what you wrote actually what you ended up doing? How did that work for you?

The help that PTC provides on calendar delegation in 10.x is adequate in our opinion - we didn't change or supplement it and point users to this Help info when needed.

But - There has been no change in the permanence of delegation. Any user at any time can "reset" their delegation (all history) and it's gone for good. The only things we've been able to come up with are:

a) Now in place but laborious and error prone: A query builder report that captures all current delegations. We have a user run and preserve this every day

b) Have considered but have not acted on: Somehow obtain a copy (and preserve) of the email that gets sent to the delegate whenever a user delegates.

[cid:image001.png@01CF6BA0.32F6FAE0]
Top Tags