cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Call for successful downgrades of oracle 11G enterprise database to standard database.

patrick.chin1
1-Newbie

Call for successful downgrades of oracle 11G enterprise database to standard database.

For those past Pro/I customers who are using Oracle Enterprise Database, has any one successfully export and imported using expdp and impdp from an Oracle 11G enterprise database with all the features turned on to an Oracle Standard database with only 2 available features.

We tried the old 9i exp/imp and it leaves all the views, packages and triggers not compilable. If you try to recompile, they all will not recompile.

Most likely you are going to get a ton of ORA00439: feature not enabled, Deferred Segment.

Oracle is performing strict audits recently and we are told they don't have any record of us having oracle enterprise licenses only standard. Because we were one of the first Pro/I companies in Canada, Pro/I only came with Oracle Enterprise.

If you guys have any suggestions just pass them on our way.

One more thing, if you try to perform an:

impdp system/<password>@<sid> directory=expdp_dir dumpfile=<dump filename=" from=" an=" expdp="> schemas=pdmlink, cognos

the pdmlink oracle user will be hanging. Though the import has somewhat completed, you will not be able to drop the user because the oracle pdmlink user session will be busy. You either have to terminate the pdmlink user session or restart the database if you want to drop user pdmlink cascade. This is very strange.

I've included a picture of the limited feature seton a Oracle Standard Database creation. Most of the features are enabled when you create an Oracle Enterprise Database.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags