cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can I add the windows user to the Apache log file ?

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

Can I add the windows user to the Apache log file ?

Dear,

I like to have a better view on the people that logging in to Windchill. That is why I am using the Apache log file to get the ip address of the logged on machine and translate this to a machine name. The problem commes when Citrix users are logging on, then I get one ip address for a number of people logged on.

So my question is; can I get more information in the Apache log file so I can identify the windows user properly ? I do know the Windchill user.

The logfile looks like :

172.30.44.XX - nbrm [15/Jan/2015:13:31:44 +0100] "GET /Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/com.ptc.wvs.server.ui.ThumbnailHelper/getMThumb?oid=wt.epm.EPMDocument:776065947 HTTP/1.1" 200 394 187205

Best regards,

Bernard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:BernardWielfaer)

The user is nbrm in the line shown. If that's not indicative of who is logging in, then that's an issue with your deployment.

If you additionally want to know which client user account the user is logging in from, I don't suspect that is possible. You can snoop the HTTP headers, but I don't believe that information is present there. If it is, then you can should be able to customize Apache's log file format to include that information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jessh
5-Regular Member

The user is nbrm in the line shown. If that's not indicative of who is logging in, then that's an issue with your deployment.

If you additionally want to know which client user account the user is logging in from, I don't suspect that is possible. You can snoop the HTTP headers, but I don't believe that information is present there. If it is, then you can should be able to customize Apache's log file format to include that information.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

From a little Googling it seems like authentication information is only passed to Apache when requested. Since your Windchill logon appears different than the Windows logon, the information being requested will be specific to Windchill, not Windows. Not sure if it's possible or not, but you'd probably have to configure double authentication. Basically some type of hidden single sign on using the windows credentials and then the normal LDAP login for Windchill.

Here are some things on NTLM authentication:

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=25073

http://board.phpbuilder.com/showthread.php?10377804-RESOLVED-AUTH_USER-Apache-in-Windows-Domain

Top Tags