cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can I change stauts via reject promotion request

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Can I change stauts via reject promotion request

Use the promotion process to raise the status of your data.
Once a promotion request is approved, it changes to a specific state and returns to its original state when the request is rejected.
Can I change to a specific state instead of the original state when a promotion request is rejected?
How do I do this?
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:CHASEONHO)

@CHASEONHO wrote:

Use the promotion process to raise the status of your data.
Once a promotion request is approved, it changes to a specific state and returns to its original state when the request is rejected.
Can I change to a specific state instead of the original state when a promotion request is rejected?
How do I do this?

One way would be to add custom code to the Expression of the Unlock Targets task in the promotion request workflow. There are several previous posts that deal with setting the state of an object and several that deal with how to find the objects on a promotion request. Search for "LifeCycleHelper.service.setLifeCycleState" for posts dealing with setting the state. Search for "getPromotionTargets" to find posts dealing with finding the objects on a promotion request.

unlock_targets.png

Thank you for your detail reply

i search document "LifeCycleHelper.service.setLifeCycleState" from support page, it was not exist...

and i also search "LifeCycleHelper.service.setLifeCycleState" from windchill help center, result not found...

As you said, thanks to your explanation, i need to configure the code in Unlock Targets in the Promotion Request Aproval Process.
However, it is difficult to understand what the values of the code and the variables mean.
Despite the detailed explanation, I could not configure this.
It would be very helpful if you attach an example or other document file.

Thank you.

Top Tags