cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can I use favourites with Desktop Integration through Windows Explorer?

soerton
5-Regular Member

Can I use favourites with Desktop Integration through Windows Explorer?

We have multiple documents spread through multiple contexts that we have to use in our day to day work dependent on what task we are performing.   Is there a way to favourite these documents or locations so I can easily access them through Windows Explorer with Desktop Integration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:soerton)

Stephen Oerton‌, sure no problem. The following video demonstrates how it would work once the Favorites are created. I am assuming you are referring to the Favorites capability in Windows Explorer. The most consistent way of adding items to the Favorites list is to open %USERPROFILE%/Links in Windows Explorer. Now open a second Windows Explorer Window and use the RMB to drag items into the Links folder. When you drop them, use the "Create shortcuts here" in the context menu.

If you just try to drag items to the Favorites bar in Windows Explorer, it will only let you create shortcuts for locations. When you open the Links folder, you can create a shortcut to anything.

Video Link : 6298

This video clip has no audio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Stephen,

I have not had a chance to test this out, but I found a few references in SPRs and cases that seem to indicate that you should be able to add them to your Favorites.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Stephen Oerton‌, sure no problem. The following video demonstrates how it would work once the Favorites are created. I am assuming you are referring to the Favorites capability in Windows Explorer. The most consistent way of adding items to the Favorites list is to open %USERPROFILE%/Links in Windows Explorer. Now open a second Windows Explorer Window and use the RMB to drag items into the Links folder. When you drop them, use the "Create shortcuts here" in the context menu.

If you just try to drag items to the Favorites bar in Windows Explorer, it will only let you create shortcuts for locations. When you open the Links folder, you can create a shortcut to anything.

Video Link : 6298

This video clip has no audio.

soerton
5-Regular Member
(To:sm)

Hello Scott.  This has proven quite helpful.  Thank you

Top Tags