cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can a Workflow task contain an option to "delegate" the task to another user?

kregimbald
9-Granite

Can a Workflow task contain an option to "delegate" the task to another user?

Is it possible within a Windchill workflow task to have the option to "delegate" a task to another user? Currently the option available is "re-assign" the task. I realize that the entire workflow can be delegated to another user through calendar options, however, I would like the user to have the option to delegate their task while actually accessing their task. The reason we want "delegate" as an option within a task is that we do not want the task to return to the original user. Is this possible within Windchill 10.1?

1 REPLY 1
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:kregimbald)

The Customizer's Guide provides some example code for setting the object instance team based on Task completion. The example shown illustrates a "rework" task that is assigned to the user that completed an upstream task (they do this by assigning the completing user to a "rework" Role on the Team. I am looking at doing the same type of thing... probably easier for workflow only but could (in concept) be applied to something like a Change Task where the assigned roles are more visible.

Top Tags