cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can anyone let me know which file/files to modify for customizing save as option in windchill 11.0?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Can anyone let me know which file/files to modify for customizing save as option in windchill 11.0?

I have gone through

<WT_Home>\codebase\wt\clients\saveas

<WT_Home>l\src\com\ptc\windchill\uwgm\cadx\saveas

these directories and tried to modify but I am not able to see any modifications even after restarting windchill server each time after modification. I am completely new to windchill customization, all your suggestions and recomendation will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
13 REPLIES 13

The last time I checked with PTC support, I was told that "save as" wizard is not supported for customized and I was discouraged to pursue any customization around this. I would certainly check with PTC before spending any time on this

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:Vinay_S)

Thank you Mr. Binesh Kumar. Meanwhile I will also check with PTC regarding this.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.
Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Mr. Binesh kumar, may I know what were the drawbacks they had mentioned for you not to continue with customization around save as? Your reply would be of a great help. Thank you in advance.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to add something to the GUI or do you want to reset or disconnect some documents?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:BjoernRueegg)

Mine is an OOTB requirement. I am writing code to limit the collector window where collector window should not list the formats and Hardware components. I am trying to strike out/disable these formats and hardware components while giving saveas. The main agenda of my work is I need to automatically reuse library parts. I have made modifications also in many files but still none of the modifications have been displayed on windchill. I think I am failing to understand the inter-dependence of files in windchill. Can you please help me figure out how to do it? Thank you in advance.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

I have just once tried to play around in the save as dialog. It's not that easy. Most of the Java modification won't work, so you need also to check the Javascripts. If you want to get some adjustments to the collector, I rather would check the Javascripts...

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Thank you Mr. Ruegg for spending time in solving my query. In Java there is a method validateObjectSaveAs(Arguments) for which processor class is unsupported by PTC, I tried this and windchill was not working at all (may be because of any other changes I made). I went through HTMLTemplate class files but wasn't able to figure out exactly what's going on with saveas. When a particular action is performed and page reloads, strikethrough is called , but the function called in javascript/class file in HTML TEMPLATE folder is which I am unable to figure out. Can you help me with this? and also can you suggest which class/javascript files are responsible for performing these actions.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

You need to check the following Javascript:

"codebase\templates\uwgm\cadx\saveas\saveas.js"

Search for the method updateItemsWithInitialValue, do your selection here. Have fun.

Video Link : 7674

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Hi Mr. Ruegg, I tried with saveas.js file and method which you suggested but it's not working for me. Page keeps loading if any modifications are done. When I tried chrome developer tool, strikethrough row is pointing me towards windchill-all.js file when I recorded script performance. I never encountered with saveas.js file while using this tool. I am in a confusion now as of which file should I work with.

And In the video you are showing assembly row getting strike out and parts remaining as it is but my requirement is

If I have any assembly file and I check it for common space for saveas, there it displays all related items associated with assembly file. Now here I want all those associated items rows except assembly row to be striked out.

Can you help me solve these two?

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

Sorry I don't have time at the moment to send you any example. The sample above works with the saveas.js modification.

Add at the end of the method

function updateItemsWithInitialValue(tableid, columnid, rowsToUseFunc, setterFunc, setterArgObj) {

console.log("item " + item);

var FieldValue2 = item.getAttr('objCadModelName');

console.log(FieldValue2);

if(FieldValue2.endsWith('.frm')){

item.setExcluded(true, true);

}

Safari shows that's included and I also see it as resource file. Perhaps you need first to strike one object thru before the browser shows the resource???

Capture 2017-03-16_07-52-24_PM.png

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Thanks a lot Mr. Ruegg. I am now able to customize as per my requirement. There are lot more to customize but your answer gave me a starting point.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.
Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Hi Mr. Ruegg I have another doubt. Now I am able to strikje out every .* type while save as. But suppose if I have choosen "abc.asm" which has 12345678.prt , 23456789.prt, 34567890.prt. Now here when I choose abc.asm how can I handle parent-child relationship? i.e if I want 34567890.prt to saveas at some other place but I have to strike out others except 34567890.prt how can I do it? Or when I choose .asm, I want only .asm to striked out but not other objects in it, How can I handle this parent child relationship?

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

Sorry, I've been playing just around with it, but never did any customization in this dialog. I guess you need to figure it out by yourself. But the answer would be interesting 😉

Top Tags