cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can not retrieve part.

rahulvish07
12-Amethyst

Can not retrieve part.

Hi,

I am facing a unique issue with my windchill and creo. I have the version of Creo as 2.0 Parametric, M230, and have windchill version 10.0. i have recently installed the creo software in my new laptop, having RAID 0 configuration. I need to connect to the windchill via a VPN which I was using in my old computer, the version of VPN and configuration is same as old in new. Now the problem what I am facing is, when I tried to open some file, either drawing, part or assembly, it take longer than usual time and then say error,"Part can not retrieve". 

I have tried many options, like clearing the catch, clearing the work space, then try to add the part and drawing in the work space and then try to open it. what happens in this case is the part is getting added to workspace but still can not open. 

I have checked and compared the version and configuration of windchill and creo in both old and new, every thing is same. But still I am not able to get the things done. 

When I open the windchill from browser there is no problem in that case.

Please help me to shot out this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This acts like how I've seen a corrupted workspace behave.  Seems like they loose synchronization sometimes.  Have you tried creating a new workspace and adding the part there?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This acts like how I've seen a corrupted workspace behave.  Seems like they loose synchronization sometimes.  Have you tried creating a new workspace and adding the part there?

rahulvish07
12-Amethyst
(To:JHall)

Thank you for your reply Hall. This solves the issue.

Top Tags