cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can’t check into windchill due to non existent reference assembly

ptc-3458188
1-Newbie

Can’t check into windchill due to non existent reference assembly

Hi,
I have a part that was created in the active window of an assembly, I used that assembly simply as a reference for some of the geometry created on the new part (hole locations) and that assembly has been deleted and removed from the session and windchill. I am now unable to check in my part because it says “cannot check in place holder document Assembly” then it names the assembly that I used as a reference which is now non existent. Is there any way to break off my parts dependency to this nonexistent ASM? Am I doomed to never be able to check in my part because it is tied to this deleted ASM? Surely there is a way that Creo can just redefine the holes in the exact location they are in and get rid of the necessity to be tied to the reference upon which the holes were created. I know the holes used that ASM as a reference but surely a computer program can just keep the holes in the exact 3D coordinate space that they are currently located in without needing to tie it back to the reference.. there HAS to be a way...

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-3458188)

In your Creo model file, open Tools-Reference Viewer and see if you can break any ghost object links to your deleted assembly.

Top Tags