cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get into old Workspace (The Workspace File LDB has Domain Name/Id Different from those ...)

Highlighted

Can't get into old Workspace (The Workspace File LDB has Domain Name/Id Different from those ...)

There is a TAN (#121850) about this sort of thing on PTC.com, but their (PTC's) solution seems unacceptable to me. I was wondering if anyone else had had this happen and found a suitable solution or workaround. Here are the conditions of our problem.

We had a Pro/I server experience a catastrophic failure a while back. It was so bad the entire server had to be rebuilt from scratch following some hardware replacement. It is the same machine, and the rebuilt Pro/I is the exact same version that was on it originally; Pro/I 3.4, M050. I had to totally rebuild the Database and everything. The clients all have the same version of S/W (of course), and several people had existing workspaces with things in various states of work. After I got the server back up and running again, they can connect to Pro/I, but the existing Local.ddb file and all the Workspaces these users had are not accessible.The full error they get is:

"The Workspace File LDB has Domain Name/Id Different from those being Assigned is Invalid."

and everything is a NO GO from here. We opened a call with PTC and their answer - from one of their AE's - was to rename the Local.ddb file and let Pro/I create a new one. Further he told us that the Workspaces would all be there after doing this. I'm thinking "You've got to be kidding" right? How does this guy expect a NEW Local.ddb file to automagically recognize the old Workspaces? At any rate, his idea didn't work. Big surprise!

I have also tried using the LDBCONVERT commands (sort of documented here and there, but mostly on Olaf Corten's web site), but that was all for naught too. (Didn't work as expected or Hoped!)

Has anyone in this group ever gotten around this without having to just start over completely? I fear we will end up having to re-import everything again, set up all the folder information again, set release levels, and so on all from the very beginning. (The server is already reconfigured EXACTLY as it was originally, and ready to accept data.)

Any help Greatly Appreciated.

Jim Augeri

Honeywell Aerospace.

Announcements