cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can't open file in ProE

Ferromatik
1-Newbie

Can't open file in ProE

Working with WPPT 1.2 and Wildfire 5.0 M030 un a XPx64 platform.

When I select "OPEN IN PROE" (this is the only way to open a old version ) a new Proe session ist started even I have one running and no files are opened in ProE.

With no ProE running it starts ProE but also not data is loaded in ProE

I found that there should be no spaces in the ProE installation path (wich is default Program Files in WIN7) so I changed Installation, but no success.

Any ideas why this file is not getting loaded in ProE

?

3 REPLIES 3

1. Do you see nmsd.exe (PTC Name service) process in the Windows task manager?

2. Do you use 'proe1.bat' to launch Pro/ENGINEER?

3. Do you use a custom port for PTC Name service?

Thanks

YES nmsd.exe was started

YES I userd proe1.bt tand the PORT I used was standard.

Now I udpgraded to WF5 M060 ads that fixed the problem,

there seems to be a problem with WF5 M030

A recommended way to use 'Open in Pro/ENGINEER' functionality.

There're two cases - either Pro/ENGINEER is already running and linked to a WPP server, or there's no running Pro/ENGINEER.

The recomended way is the first one.

1. Launch Pro/ENGINEER and be sure to have the intended WPP server registered in it.

2. Navigate to that WPP server using internet browser or embedded browser inside Pro/ENGINEER

3. Execute 'Open in Pro/ENGINEER' command for the interesting model. This can be done for as many models (with different names) as needed and till the Pro/ENGINEER memory allows.

The advantage of this way is:

1. The intended config.pro file can be used

2. Time won't be spent on launching Pro/ENGINEER - the running session is reused

3. The intended version of Pro/ENGINEER can be used (for example, a network installation)

Be aware

1. The functionality depends on PTC Name Service (nmsd.exe). It has to run on the default port.

2. Pro/ENGINEER can have only one model in memory with the same name. Do not try to open different versions of the same model into the same Pro/ENGINEER.

3. The running Pro/ENGINEER version is reused. If another instance of Pro/ENGINEER is launched - then this is an indication of some problems.

Top Tags