cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can we add an Attribute of a Sub type of WTDocument which is an optional and single valued string attribute which can have only one amongst the suggested values and no other values should be permissible.

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Can we add an Attribute of a Sub type of WTDocument which is an optional and single valued string attribute which can have only one amongst the suggested values and no other values should be permissible.

Hi All,

Like the suggested values are like say

ABC

DEF

So If yes kindly tell me how we can add it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refer to below screenshots.

1. Add a constraint , Legal value list - input all the values which you need as options. What you need is select is the edit icon - not add conditions.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 7.49.43 PM.png

2. To eliminate the blank value from the option, go to create new layout, select the attribute, click on edit.

screenshot.png

3. This is what you see in create new document wizard

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 7.54.37 PM.png

Regards

Binesh Kumar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Aditya,

Yes, its possible. Please follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Create a global attribute under an organizer using "Manage Global Attributes", chose data type as "String".

2. After the global attribute is created, go to the document subtype where you want to add the newly created attribute. Edit the subtype, click on "New Attribute", type the name of the attribute, select global and choose the newly created attribute, in the last page choose selection list style as "drop down".

3.To this newly added attribute to the subtype define the constraints as "single valued" and provide a "suggested value list" as per your requirement.

There are other ways too, please let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks,

Aditya

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:aachanta)

Hi Aditya,

I tried it in the same way.

Upon creating an attribute within the constraints there is Single Valued which is already present and I haven't made any changes in that. But upon clicking on Add Conditions for Single Valued it had opened a new Wizard where I tried adding a new condition and then it opened another wizard where I can choose a Driver Attribute and then Choose a Rule as Legal Value List (it is the only list available in that).

However I had added a suggested value list and had added two values like ABC|DEF.

And then I tried creating a Document of that sub type. Within that Attribute field for that create document wizard i tried creating it there by leaving it empty and also randomly entering any other value apart from ABC or DEF and it got created. But it should not get created.

So can you tell me any other way where I can implement this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

Refer to below screenshots.

1. Add a constraint , Legal value list - input all the values which you need as options. What you need is select is the edit icon - not add conditions.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 7.49.43 PM.png

2. To eliminate the blank value from the option, go to create new layout, select the attribute, click on edit.

screenshot.png

3. This is what you see in create new document wizard

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 7.54.37 PM.png

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Top Tags