cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can you link to the last iteration of a version?

jonathan.torok
1-Newbie

Can you link to the last iteration of a version?

For example, I want a url link to revision A. I want a URL that links to A.1 when A.1 is the newest version, but then automatically links to A.2 when it is created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes and no. At least it was in 9.1. I am now on 10.1 but I haven't checked since going to it.

You cannot create a link for the LATEST ITERATION of the LATET REVISION. However...

You can create a link for the LATEST ITERATION of a SPECIFICATION REVISION.

There are two ways to copy a link but only one will work.

1. From the search results window. This DOES NOT work.
  2. From the folder the file resides in. This DOES work.

Get to the details page of the document by going to the folder it's in. Then copy the address link.

If you go to the details page from the search results page it will always go to that specific version only.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes and no. At least it was in 9.1. I am now on 10.1 but I haven't checked since going to it.

You cannot create a link for the LATEST ITERATION of the LATET REVISION. However...

You can create a link for the LATEST ITERATION of a SPECIFICATION REVISION.

There are two ways to copy a link but only one will work.

1. From the search results window. This DOES NOT work.
  2. From the folder the file resides in. This DOES work.

Get to the details page of the document by going to the folder it's in. Then copy the address link.

If you go to the details page from the search results page it will always go to that specific version only.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:STEVEG)

Steve Galayda‌, do you know if anyone has ever submitted a Windchill Product Idea for Windchill to make it easier for users to select a link of their choice, including latest REV? I took a search through the ideas today and could not find anything.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:sm)

Scott,

I do not know if anyone has submitted a product idea for that.

I just noticed I typed "SPECIFICATION".  I meant to write "SPECIFIC".

Top Tags