cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can you tell me which admin UID and password this is referring to and which file will contain it ?

PD_10631511
4-Participant

Can you tell me which admin UID and password this is referring to and which file will contain it ?

PD_10631511_0-1686737110323.png

Link : 

PTC Windchill Help Center

6 REPLIES 6

hi @PD_10631511 

It refers to the site admin. so if you use default admin account it is "wcadmin" and password that has been chosen during installation process.

For developing system it is also wcadmin but for production/test environment password should be more complex. 

PetrH

Are you sure about this? I would presume that any admin related to Windchill DS would be cn=manager (default installation). This is at least the case given in this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS355531

PS: I have not tried this first hand and only rely on the article.

Hi @buenosroas 

Yes you right, I am wrong. My bad.

The steps do not mention that it should be DS admin. It is mention only in the first row of the help center.

I overviewed that. 

Definitely the Directory Admin should be used. 

adminUID=cn=Manager

PetrH

No worries 🙂 

I find that many of these command examples are unnecessary misleading. When the help articles state that the DS Admin DN should be used I think it would be more productive to have the examples reflect this by saying for example --adminUID cn=admin. That would leave little doubt in my opinion.

@buenosroas 

This is right situation to use feedback from help center and ask for adding the information on the Help Center page.

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:PD_10631511)

it should be cn=Manager and its password , the credential used to start DS

Fede
Top Tags