cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannot be retrieved...

mdebower
18-Opal

Cannot be retrieved...

Hey, got a guy that when he adds objects to his workspace, Creo (Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 m060) gives an error about "cannot be retrieved." Working on Windchill 10.1

Opening model outside of Windchill works fine.

Screenshot of workspace:
[cid:image002.png@01CF9B5E.D1D17530]
-marc

Trimark Values: Integrity Respect Accountability Innovative Teamwork

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Summary:

The engineer had an old version of Pro/E that was not compatible with our version of Windchill. They upgraded to a compatible maintenance build and everything started working just as it should.

-marc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think it is a version compatibility issue. Windchill 10.1 m040 needs Creo Elements Pro/E Wildfire 5.0 m180 or higher...

bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:mdebower)

Hi Marc
I see this on Creo Parametric 2.0 M110 with Windchill 10.1 M030 as well.

When I clear the Event Manager log it sometimes removes new and not uploaded files from the local cache that is still needed.
Looking through the cache with the WC_FileRecovery tool will not reveal the file either.

Can this be your case as well?

/Bjarne

Summary:

The engineer had an old version of Pro/E that was not compatible with our version of Windchill. They upgraded to a compatible maintenance build and everything started working just as it should.

-marc

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:mdebower)

Hello

interesting post. We moved to 10.1M040 two weeks ago and use Creo Element ProE 5.0 M150

I believe it is not a supported configuration but during all our testing we did not find any issue so decided not to upgrade clients to an higher version (specially that we have planned to move to Creo 2 by the end of the year) so I did not want to overload IT with additional software installation.

However since Go Live we have found randomly 4 files that cannot be retrieved, (but sometimes they do) A bizarre situation and reading this post make me think if that problem would be solved.

We will do some tests and I let you know

Best regards

Today, we had an assembly with one skeleton and one part. Opening the assembly from disk in a session without any configuration, but not connected to Windchill,is OK. Exact the same, but from a Creo-session connected to Windchill toan empty workspace, makes Creo crash during the regeneration phase. Both the part and the skeleton can be retrieved without any problem.

There is a case logged. We are on 10.1 M040 since 6 months, it's the very first time we have something like this.

We are working with Creo Elements/PRO M220 and Windchill 10.1 M040.

Regards, Hugo.

Top Tags