cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Cannot check in parts, assemblies or drawings

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Cannot check in parts, assemblies or drawings

We have moved to Windchill 12.0.2 CPS8 and are experiencing the following error when we go to check in parts, assemblies and drawings. The error is: wt.util.WTException: java.util.NoSuchElementException

It does not happen on all objects, just some. These may be new object or a new iteration of asn existing object being checked in.

I saw that there is a SPR written, but was wondering if anyone in the community has an insight or a solution workaround?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I was informed that the cause was from Notifications being set. I had a notification for check-ins.

Once I removed that notification, everything is working fine.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Is there something more you can post? Perhaps a snipit of the MethodServer log where the error is a captured? what is the SPR? I am on that same CPS but have not seen that issue reported.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

I found the reference SPR in this CS article: Article - CS369927 - Revising a non-latest part fails in Windchill PDMLink 12.0.2 (ptc.com)

While not directly being a check in issue, in some cases we have been able to check in the part first and then the drawing if done from the workspace and not from within Creo.

Hi @BenLoosli 

By the Article is seems that there is some issue with reference between part and drawing. 

Reference does not exists or is pointing to wrong version that is not in the workspace.

NoSuchElementException is thrown because list of references is empty. 

Why ? this is an another question 😄

It is usually cased by out-of-date information in the workspace.

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HelesicPetr)

It has happened to parts that have no drawing associated to them.

I had it happened to a revised family table of washers. The FT is the only thing in the workspace.

Sometimes it is a new part, sometimes it is a part being revised. 

It is not consistent.

Hi @BenLoosli 

Understand. 

It is possible, because the "reference" does not mean it is only a drawing reference, It can be any link between information in the system. 

In your situation you need to find root source of the case but it is not easy. 

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HelesicPetr)

PTC informed me this morning that this issue (SPR) has been fixed in Windchill 12.0.2 CPS9. I am going to try to do an update on a test system to CPS9 on Monday.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I was informed that the cause was from Notifications being set. I had a notification for check-ins.

Once I removed that notification, everything is working fine.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

I found the reference SPR in this CS article: Article - CS369927 - Revising a non-latest part fails in Windchill PDMLink 12.0.2 (ptc.com)

While not directly being a check in issue, in some cases we have been able to check in the part first and then the drawing if done from the workspace and not from within Creo.

Hello @BenLoosli ,

How do you produce this error ? Do you select your objects in a workspace and then click on the button Check in of the ribbon ? or in another way? 

Did you try to check in using the Actions menu in the info page ?

We can produce the error in a number of ways:

1. With the part open in Creo and the File-Custom Check-in
  2. From the workspace, select the file and use the Check-in Icon
  3. From the workspace, select the detail page of the object and then Actions-Check-in

The most frustrating part is that it is not all parts, only some selected ones.

I have looked in the MS logs and found this information just above the error message:

Article - CS331178 - MethodServer log indicating Error Workspace is out of date in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

But that article says it can be ignored, so not sure if they are releated or not.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

This error caught me again yesterday.

Modified a family table and when I went to check it in, I got the error: wt.util.WTException: java.util.NoSuchElementException.

I do have an open call with PTC on this issue for a week now and they have been very slow to offer any suggestions. Unfortunately, it is on my classified Windchill system so I cannot send PTC log files or screen share with them. I am in the process of setting up an unclassified system, but that takes days to move all the data around and install it. Plus, I don't always get the same errors between the 2 systems.

Top Tags