cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Cant checkin-Modify after upgrading to WF4

ptc-1227349
1-Newbie

Cant checkin-Modify after upgrading to WF4

Im using Pdmlink Windchill version 8. After recently upgrading to Wildfire 4 (from 3)I find that I cannot check-in any model back into windchill. I can check out / modify the model, and save it back to the workspace fine, but when once I check in I get the following error: Cannot create/modify/delete any EPMAuthoringAppVersion object. Any ideas where I should start?
7 REPLIES 7

Just a few thoughts on this from what I have seen using Windchill 8 and versions WF2, WF3, and WF4. When I tested going to WF3 from our current build of WF2 I found that my Workspaces got corrupted and could not be accessed if I went back to WF2. Same with WF4. I would have to guess that if you did not remove your Windchill or PDM cache prior to going to WF4 that there is some sort of corruption going on. Could be wrong, I know that when I tested WF4 recently that a warning message came up saying something like it was going to update the cache and would not be usable in older revisions of Pro/E. What I do to go back and forth between revisions of Pro/E is I go to the "source" of where the cache resides. I have a cache folder named for each version and just rename them to what I need at that time. (example; C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire) This is the folder location and Wildfire is the folder that I rename. Under the ProENGINEER folder I have a 3Wildfire, a 4Wildfire and the "active: Wildfire folder. So say I want to switch from WF2 to WF4 I first shut down Pro/E and then I rename my Wildfire folder to 2Wildfire and then I rename my Wildfire4 folder back to Wildfire I can then launch Pro/E WF4 and all my workspace appear and function properly. So in your case I would try renaming your current cache (Wildfire) folder and then relaunch Pro/E. You will have to re-set your Server Registry which will create a new Wildfire folder for you and see what happens. Just something to try if you haven't got any help yet. Craig

Wildfire 4.0 is supported on Windchill 8 M050+. Make sure you have M050+ installed. For the reference - Wildfire 3.0 is supported on Windchill 8 M020+. PS I have no information whether Wildfire 4.0 "unoficially" works on pre-M050 or not.

"Dmitry Tsarev" wrote:

Wildfire 4.0 is supported on Windchill 8 M050+. Make sure you have M050+ installed. For the reference - Wildfire 3.0 is supported on Windchill 8 M020+. PS I have no information whether Wildfire 4.0 "unoficially" works on pre-M050 or not.

Been using WF 4.0 with WC 8.0 M040 for several weeks - no issues detected.
BruceLoosli
5-Regular Member
(To:RussMorrow)

If you need to go back and forth from WF3 to WF4, just set your environment variables for the cache directories. Example WF3: SET PTC_WF_ROOT=D:\pro_startupdir\wf3_startdir SET PTC_WF_CACHE=D:\pro_startupdir\wf3_startdir\cache Example WF4: SET PTC_WF_ROOT=D:\pro_startupdir\wf4_startdir SET PTC_WF_CACHE=D:\pro_startupdir\wf4_startdir\cache You need to do the same technique for both. Otherwise, if you accidently start up ProE without the Cache directory set, it will mess it up for the other version.

Hello All, I see a lot of issues with WF4 Release. Can somebody list down the issues faced.

Liam I think there is a server side setting on the windchill server that needs to be changed for the system to accept WF4 files. Im not the WC admin so i cant remember the name of this parameter but i remember we had a similar issue when moving from WF2->WF3. I guess its a security mechanism as you may want to prevent users from installing and start working with WF4 while other users still work on WF3 (file compability issues)
Top Tags