cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Career Related Query:PLM

HR_10750679
8-Gravel

Career Related Query:PLM

Hello Community,

This is not a usual query that you see in this forum. Since mine is related to PLM I thought of picking your brain. I have been a Windchill Developer for the past four years and I have a good handle on customization aspects of some of the Windchill modules. I now have an opportunity in a new project where I would be working more on the Windchill Administration side such as server installation, upgrade, Import/Export, defining processes for the users. Though this seems interesting, it is not the customization arena. As someone who wants to be a Solution Architect in the future, what would be your advise regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
twifak
19-Tanzanite
(To:HR_10750679)

Hello @HR_10750679 ,

First, good luck with this new opportunity!

I think your experience in Windchill customization will definitely help you in those areas: System Administration(Installation, Upgrade, etc.), and Business administration.

Having a high overview of all specialties will help for sure in the career of "Solution Architect".

The customization sounds to be hard stuff, if you were able to succeed on it, then the new tasks wouldn't be difficult!

best regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
twifak
19-Tanzanite
(To:HR_10750679)

Hello @HR_10750679 ,

First, good luck with this new opportunity!

I think your experience in Windchill customization will definitely help you in those areas: System Administration(Installation, Upgrade, etc.), and Business administration.

Having a high overview of all specialties will help for sure in the career of "Solution Architect".

The customization sounds to be hard stuff, if you were able to succeed on it, then the new tasks wouldn't be difficult!

best regards,

Thank you, @twifak . 🙂

Top Tags