cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Change Management Software

clapoint
1-Newbie

Change Management Software

We are in the process of improving our change management system and one of the items on the hit list is the software we are using to track engineering change orders throughout the company. We own PDMLink and are managing our engineering documents. We are investigating using the change management module within Windchill. Is anyone using the change management module within Windchill and would you be willing to share your experience using the software?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Hey Craig,

Yes, we use change management of Windchill, intensivly, problems reports, ECR's, ECN's, tasks. At least, specific project groups cover all their task, their todo's by tasks in change management. Other groups are more reluctant to get involved, and stick to their conventional approach. We customised heavily on the change objects, to make it acceptable and workable: reporting and manipulation of existing objects.

But in this kind of threads, I always have difficulty to define 'change management'. What we do with CM is more then managing changes. The development of a complete new product is part of our CM. I prefer the talk about 'Task Management', since we use it to cover all activities. Task management is the key to knowledge management, since if you cover all your tasks, including the input and the output for these tasks, you cover all knowledge generated during the development of the product.

Just my 2 cents, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5- PDMLink 9.1 M060>>

Top Tags