cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Management bugs in Windchill 12.0.2

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

Change Management bugs in Windchill 12.0.2

Hi there, did somebody has tested entirely the change management in Windchill 12.0.2.x? For me exist incredibly many errors for Change Notices. E.g.

• Setting multiple objects to a target state. The command just don't work. PTC Support wanted to put me off until 12.1... I now requested a bug fix for 12.0.2.x
  • Target state selection which will not be saved during change task creation will hopefully be fixed in 12.0.2.3 (imagine the target states will have changed during save and are moved to a wrong not controlled state...)
  • Revise action which has been hidden in some cases (fixed in 12.0.2.2)

Are there any other known issues in the area of change management? Have any community members already done extensive testing in this area? Thank you very much for any response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All my open tickets are confirmed to be fixed in 12.0.2.3 released by the end of December 2021.

Thanks PTC 😉 especially @JeffZemsky 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Adding @jzemsky for visibility

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:aacciano3)

Oh great.  We are on 12.0.1.2 with expectations of going to 12.0.2.x soon.  The reason for that is because the New Folder icon is missing for standard users but is supposed to be fixed in the latest build.

I am trying to understand the extent of this problem.  Does the multiple object state change fail in all the following circumstances or just some?

• When performed by both User and admin?
  • CommonSpace (detail and search page)?
  • Workspace?
  • User/admin from within the Change Notice dialog?
  • Automatic state changes as part of how a CN travels through approvals?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Setting the release target for multiple objects is failing in general.

A new article has been released for the case: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS343101

@BjoernRueegg So PTC cannot reproduce the issue you are having and therefore won't fix it?

@LawrenceS PTC is reacting. I had contact with Jeff and he will look in it. It looks like he has already checked the cases. Because all of them will be fixed now.

Today I just searched for the SPRs and it looks like they are going to fix both in 12.0.2.3 👍 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS343101

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS355482

If anyone else has tested 12.0.2, can you reply as to whether or not you can set state of multiple objects?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LawrenceS)

You're definitely not the only one.  I was just taking to my sales rep. at EAC yesterday and he has a large customer in the area who is having this exact same issue.  Apparently PTC is being very unresponsive about the whole thing.  I can give you his contact info if you want to send me a PM.

All my open tickets are confirmed to be fixed in 12.0.2.3 released by the end of December 2021.

Thanks PTC 😉 especially @JeffZemsky 

Unfortunately the bug with the target state is back in 12.0.2.5. Target state selection which will not be saved during change task creation.

Does anybody has 12.0.2.5 or 6 to verify it?

Top Tags